Vintage Gardens – Tulsa Historical SocietyProject Summary
- Designed 3.5-acre site as display gardens and open-air museum to exhibit artifacts from buildings and sites that are significant to the history of Tulsa.
- The property incorporates a meandering walkway, open areas and gardens along with spaces for artifact exhibits.
- Care was taken during the design process to take advantage of the site’s significant slope, while still providing universal access.
- Lighting for artifacts, as well as security was included in the design.
- A setting was designed and incorporated into the site for five ballerina sculptures, entitled the ‘Five Moons’, created by Native American artist, Gary Henson.