Downtown Tulsa StreetscapesProject Summary
- Over several years, 50+ block faces of downtown Tulsa have been designed by the firm, with new lighting, trees and sidewalk paving.
- In 2012, a Downtown Streetscape Master Plan was prepared for all streetscapes within the limits of downtown.
- Main Street was renovated from a declining pedestrian mall to an active street.
- Small, unused areas near the entry points to downtown, were converted into urban pocket parks.
- A former parking lot was transformed into an urban park, providing a significant green space near the center of downtown.
- In cooperation with Up With Trees, the City of Tulsa, and the Downtown Coordination Council, several streets were selected for placing trees in empty tree wells, and installing new tree wells and trees in existing sidewalks.